Why, just this morning at home my thoughts about the whole "new church thing"were somewhat negative. I wondered if it was really necessary or was it a case of " keeping up with the Jones's", so to speak. This idea was affirmed by a fellow member just following the steeple's demise. I was astonished to see a nearby neighbour to my church tearing up at the sight; considering she had no affiliation with it. A little piece of Smithville history. Sorry, no photos to prove it ; my camera wasn't in my purse, because I had no idea today was the "big day".
Well, its too late for regrets; so moving forward. I have no doubt , it will be a sight for sore eyes once the new foundation is laid.
As a Gr. 7 class Mom, I marked the usual spelling and vocab, then helped roll some change for Mission and ended up at home with an appetite for something crispy. Chips are not my thing but
I do love... what I like to call a "Pizza Tortilla". Don't ask me how many calories because frankly, I don't care . I do have a preference for hot , crispy right from the pan-tortillas, but they taste decently good cold, too. It makes a great lunch alternative to bread for the kids, too.
I've been making these for so long, I'm sad to say the original source escapes me, but thanks to whoever you are. One of my favourite lunches; easy, tasty, crispy and yummy.
Recipe follows:
Flour tortillas (2 -20+)
Pasta sauce or salsa
Shredded cheese(mozzarella,parmesan,cheddar...)
Toppings (opt.)e.g. chicken,basil,tomatoes,olives...
Sour cream
Take one tortilla and spread with about 2 tbsp sauce or salsa, no need to measure just eyeball it; careful not to go right to the edges. Then top with cheese of any kind and anything else that appeals to your "comfort zone."( cheese + sauce alone is good)
Lay this in a non-stick pan and heat at medium till the cheese starts to melt. Top with another tortilla (undressed) and flip, being careful not to spill the filling. Brown about 2 more minutes till nice and crispy, not burnt. Yes I've done that before! Stay with it, it only takes 2-5 minutes per pizza tortilla. Repeat , if you like.
Use a pizza cutter to divide into 2 or 4 pieces and eat right away to get that crispy goodness.You can serve with sour cream if desired.
Refrigerate uneaten tortillas and stash them in the kids lunches.
It seems silly to pass on this simple lunch idea.... but hopefully there's someone out there who's never heard of the "pizza tortilla". I used to be just that person, may moons ago.
Bon appetit!
Hey, I make those too - I call them "pizzadillas" - as in, pizza quesadillas! I kinda made them up on my own, so maybe you did too!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Sue commented, because I was just about to comment for her:) Pizzadillas, or pizza tortillas...love them all!
ReplyDelete